Sunday, September 11, 2011

At least I have access to spell check.

So I have no internet right now, and it’s likely it’ll be awhile before that gets fixed. It’s not a huge huge deal. I can write my comic reviews same as ever (maybe a little faster even, what with the fewer distractions) but it’ll be a pain to go out to upload them.

And I miss dictionary.com. How am I supposed to know for sure what certain high falutin’ words that come to mind means and whether or not they’re actually appropriate in the context I want to use them in? (You may or may not be surprised by how often they are in fact appropriate).

I don’t usually get any important e-mail, so that’s all good. I’ll lose a bit of my hilarious presence on the facebook, but that’s really more everyone else’s loss.

Would you believe this word document I’m typing in tried to capitalize “facebook”? I have to continually go back to switch it back- I don’t care how insidious this thing is, if I don’t want to allow it the dignity of a capital letter then that’s how it’s going to be!

My last two days at work were ridiculously difficult to stay awake through. The second day had the extenuating circumstance of an earlier dentist’s trip in addition to being –again- the second day of work, but still, rough times. I gave up on keeping my sleep schedule in place on my days off, just did what my body wanted, and did nothing my first day off but snooze.

Huh. Just realized today is that decadeaversary of 9/11. Maybe tomorrow we won’t have to hear about peoples reflections on that day (seriously, why has the edge radio station been doing that? Not what I tune in for.) Of course MY story is kinda funny, while also painting me in a stupid light. Fortunately I am quite sure I’ve told it here before, so we’ll be skipping that.

That first day of rest has returned to me the ability to focus my eyes (that’s a keeper) and I had this cool dream that I was visiting London, England for no reason and I rode this convoluted transport system that I had a great time describing to my audience here (it required ‘VSHHHHT’ sound effects and hand motions, so yes, it’s harder to describe just in words. And not nearly as fun.)

Imagine you had a series of tracks in front of you, and with a sudden *insert that sound effect* a single row of flat seat bottoms appeared in front of you on the track by your feet. But before you could get on, and hopefully before you make a move to get on, a second row of seats appears in front of you, displacing that first row one column space away from you. This would keep happening until all the tracks (six? Seven?) had a row of seats. But that’s not all that was designed poorly! Because the dream English are CRAZY the tracks actually sloped up the further away from the platform they were, the effect being a flat seat on the first track, a sloped seat that was impossible to stay on, then a higher plateau seat, then another useless slope seat, then another plateau, etc. etc. until all the columns were filled up.

I got on a seat before all the rows were finished coming in, so my perfectly functional seat was now on an angle and I fell over.

Then I talked with these four women who invited me to stay at their place- so then I think I was immediately on a road on the way to their place. It was dark and snowy; I walked through the slush, careful not to kick it around. I was having trouble walking, but that was because I was (apparently) holding two pillows and a comforter between my legs. The houses around me were enormous, everything about their dimensions were twice as big as you’d expect in a normal house. I had the thought that of course this was just how you’d build a house in the old world, you had more space then.

I was coming to the realization that I had no idea which house was the correct one for me to visit when I saw all my friends from the train (I guess) station poke their heads out of a window. Excited to see what the inside of these houses looked like… I got woken up to eat food.

Well, it was a good snooze anyway.

My legs are sore from running a bunch yesterday- I’ve gotta get back into shape! Oh, not that the first thing ties into the second right there… my legs aren’t sore BECAUSE I’m out of shape, they’re sore because I did a decent amount of running. Glad to have cleared that misconception up.

Alright, that’s it, I’m showering and getting out of here. I’ll go upload this somewhere, maybe see if that one cyber café at Victoria Park and Lawrence is open and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment