Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's bright out this morning. Good.

This one blog I've taken to reading lately posted an entry on the comic series "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane"- he made such a convincing argument that I immediately hopped onto the library site and put a hold on it.

Even though it's kind of a romance comic. (Shock!)

And I read most of it before. (Confused!)

I actually really liked it then, too- it's by Sean McKeever, who went from Spider-Man loves Mary Jane to a disasterous run on Teen Titans that I don't really blame on him. Plus, when you compare his run with what was soon to come then his stuff was Shakespeare regardless of any considerations (like editorial interference).

Hm. I just got the e-mail last night letting me know that I didn't get the job I was hoping to. Pretty disappointing. I'd rather not end up working at a coffee place- I don't like coffee, I don't know anything about the stuff. It's like the "Wine" and "African Geography" questions on Jeopardy.

To say nothing of South America, Asia and Europe. You know what? I'm bad at geography.

I should avoid any map making jobs.

Actually, I like making maps- to direct me when I'm driving places. I'm much more comfortable with that than the GPS.

GPS: "Take the exit right, then keep on the left side."
GPS: "In one hundred meters, veer right."

Me: "Wait, what? Veer?"
*Passes exit*

GPS: "When you get a chance, turn around."

No comments:

Post a Comment