Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Halloweekend. I could end my post now without mentioning Halloween at all! But I'll be back, this is just the first installment, so no promises.

And no, I'm not going to change my title later! It's hard enough the first time around.

This morning I dreamt a bunch of stuff. I yelled at a guy not to flip my brother, you know those assisted backflips? Yeah, one of those, because the ceiling was too low. I was also on a boat but has to get off to go to the lakeside adjacent hospital. And by getting off I mean jumping ship, and yes, some swimming was involved. I got back on land and everyone on the ship was waving and wouldn't stop saying bye, eventually some picture flashes were taken as well. Everyone from the boat was, as far as I could tell, members of an old choir I was a part of.

I prefer the dream I had a few nights ago, where I was just sitting across from this girl and I looked straight into her eyes (blue eyes, I knows what I likes), and very quickly I reached the point where decorum would call for me to turn away, I was very aware of reaching this point, the "staring point", but instead I made the conscious choice to keep our eyes locked.
Take that real world social interaction.

I mentioned the interview I was set to do Thursday, it went really well, a lot of interesting things were said, so I had no real reason to be as nervous as I was- now the real work starts, transcribing the recording, and arranging it for maximum effect and continuity. Aside from the few guiding questions I asked, this is where I'll have the most creative impact on the interview process, and I'm looking forward to doing it. Considering the goal is less informational and more promotional, I'm going to forward both the full transcript and the edited version to the guys it's about for the sake of any objections they may have- I imagine that's pretty standard practice, but how would I know? I guess I could interview someone about interviews...

There's an ad for an art gallery exhibit that looks awesome- it's a painting of Han Solo from the first Star Wars, holding up his blaster BUT while wearing the Adam West Bat-cowl. Clearly, this is something I have to check out- I clipped (meaning ripped) it out of the paper, and have it resting just behind my pillow so I don't forget about it. The exhibit runs until the end of November, and I didn't see a price, so good signs all a round.

Did you hear about the Toronto election results? Yeah, I thought you may have.

Dude, no time to get into that, I forgot to get back to this and now I have to go get ready for a Halloween party! And that means getting my non-existant costume ready!! The time crunch!!

It took forever for the site to accept my password for some reason, and my classic profile picture wouldn't load up, which is fine, I'll deal with that later if I must- but I'm signed up for the November Novel Writing challenge, pretty awesome, I know just what to write about. I'll have to do approximately 1667 words a day to complete it to their specifications, but that's not such a big deal for me. Pretty excited, glad I found the website.

Okay, that's good, gotta bounce, but I've gotta say I like the energy in this post, maybe it's just the urgency in my fingers, the lack of a unified topic, whatever, but it feels fun to me. Okay, fingers stopped, I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment