Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Intrepid

I keep forgetting particular comics at the store... it's not really my fault, beyond my trusting the store to get my order right. I'll keep better track in the future.

MAN my wrists have been killing me lately- I did some chin-ups yesterday that maybe my body just plain didn't want to do. But my wrists have always been of some concern to me, so not a big deal.

I'm scheduled to meet up with a friend of mine Thursday evening to conduct an interview about a story he's getting published in November. I'm a little unsure of how to go about it. I keep thinking of that reporter who asks "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" Only to be reprimanded by KENT BROCKMAN to be professional and do his research.

It's difficult to prepare questions, because the next question follows from the previous answer, and I can't very well be anticipating every answer beforehand. Or maybe I should be? It's surprising how completely lost I am. It's a friend, I want to help him out, but I want to be professional here.

Most things I write have to just please me, and maybe the person that posts it up (whew, good thing that person is one and the same right here)- but this interview format adds another person to please, which is apparently an exponential increase in difficulty.

Ah it'll be fine, I'm making too much out of this.

I responded to a comment in what I thought was a reasonable manner, and then when the guy re-responded it was like he didn't understand what I'd written at all. At all! I know this is hardly a strange occurance on the internet, but it doesn't usually cross my path. Here I am sitting in front of it and I don't know how to respond. The best thing I can think of is simply

"Wow."

but I can see how that may be taken as insulting. What with it being insulting.

So I'm probably not going to say anything.

And John Cusack wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment