Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Real Entertaing Dovie. I mean movie.

Why is Dave doing so many bits on the Nobel prize? Good top ten list though. I mean beyond the fact that this is an old episode- I hope it's old anyway. Pretend it was brand new, that they were doing the Nobel Prize stuff right now- this show would still have a disproportionate amount of Nobel prize material. Maybe it's just me.

I don't usually watch Letterman, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it this evening.

I was feeling pretty alone over the weekend, but I got some really nice messages yesterday, which was a nice and very welcome surprise.

I've stopped trying to fix my sleep schedule, at least for now of course- I've been placing too much energy into that with no pay off. Sent off my resume, during the depths of this morning when I should have been asleep, for a cool little freelance gig. And I plan to do something similar this morning to come.

Went to see the movie RED this evening. It's funny, after watching Scott Pilgrim, which was so completely Canadian, filmed in Toronto as Toronto, to go back to a movie that has Chicago in it, as portrayed by Toronto. It stood out a lot to me.

But I greatly enjoyed the movie- it's refreshing to see a story celebrating experience over youth, and even the "young girl" that Bruce Willis' character falls for is still visibly older than you may have otherwise expected (like if this was a Woody Allen film... have I even watched any Woody Allen? I should get on that)- while still being gorgeous and adorable of course.

Probably it will become less and less 'refreshing' as movies marketed to the Baby Boomers continue to skew up agewise to keep up with them.

What am I talking about? The older folks are still focused on money while the burgeoning generation only cares about spending that money.

You say Taylor Lautner will be in a new picture? In a theatre near me? Swell!

A man approached me and my brothers outside the movies with a detailed story asking for money. It's sad that I can't just trust that he's telling the truth, or that he can't get proper help somewhere else.

Eh that's enough. Maybe I'll eat some more twizzlers. No promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment