Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A fair number of non words today. Just sounds. My bad.

Hrrm I may have just forgotten what I wanted to say... something about Monday... and the dentist...

Well, easy enough to dive in:

I wasn't entirely certain whether my appointment was at 9 or 9:30 or perhaps the other oft used 9:15- I ended up there at about 9:15 and was TOLD I got there on time- but that may have been due to handsomeness, I'm not sure.

The dental hygienist was clearly new (beyond her being an unfamiliar face)- she explained how the chair was just sitting back (never mind the squeaking) and asked if I wanted to use the protective eye wear for the duration (no thanks, I brought my own). In fact her over explaining everything actually did start to make me nervous.

She was very thorough, and I thought she did a really good job, but man did it hurt. And that's not me being some big time cavity guy with bad gums "Ralph how often do you brush your teeth?" "Twice a day sir" "Why must you turn my house into a den of lies?" type of guy.

Oh, actually, this is cool, she used this sonic screwdriver type of thing on me- uses sonic waves for cleaning while also spraying a bit of water because the thing is supposed to get super hot otherwise.

Well I thought it was cool.

Afterwards I got a referral to a doctor for a graft procedure that my dentist thinks I have to get done. I'm down with it, but I'm going to have to raise the funds for it. Going to take some time on that one.

Walked past where a Syd Silver Suits used to be, it's currently home to one of those quick cash loan places, which is just about the biggest jump you can make.

I had planned on going to see the New Wall Street movie yesterday but then I didn't. Dropped the ball on that one, looks pretty good.

This is a pretty lame post BUT here's an interesting item:

rrr okay I can't seem to find the clipping, but the gist of it is about a kind of recycling program for computer stuff, people volunteer to help sort old computer components as well as getting shown how to assemble a computer from old parts, and at the end of your volunteering time (how long that is I've definitely got on the clipping) you get to keep the computer you made. Useful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment