Friday, April 2, 2010

Not the post I originally set out to write. It’s okay though, so keep reading.

Do you ever sit back and consider just how much you've changed over the years? How the way you've seen the world and interact with it has changed... do you get embarrassed by the stupid things you've said in your ignorance in those by gone days?

While I sit back and think about how much I've changed, I don't really have too many things to get embarrassed by in my past because I've pretty much always kept my mouth shut, aware of my own mutable nature.
Here's a cute little example from my 7-8 year old self:

"girls are gross", but hold on, everyone my age says that- also, everyone a little older than me seems to agree that "girls are not gross".
Therefore I will probably also grow to think "girls are not gross"

I'm paraphrasing myself, of course- if my time machine wasn't in the shop I'd go back and get a more exact "translation" of his thought process. I can't imagine I used quite the same cliché as "girls are gross", it'd still be a couple of years before I read any Calvin and Hobbes (fun fact- Lil Isaac and brothers said Calvin and "Ho-bees"- well how were we supposed to know how that was pronounced?!?).
Anyways, despite what some of my more hilarious friends may tell you, Lil Isaac was right on target about how I would come to think in the future.

This is both a good and bad thing- if there's one thing that'll get you to learn about yourself FAST it's got to be getting caught in some poorly thought out and embarrassing hypocrisy.
Argh I just hate hypocrisy so much- which leaves me trying to protect any Future Isaac's from any differences of opinion he may have with my current/past self.

Naturally, that's a pretty absurd thing for me to do.

And now no one can say I've never admitted my own absurdity.
This post is absurd.

***

The muscle just below my right eye has been twitching a lot lately, it's driving me crazy. Could it be I've finally repressed so much stress that strawberry ice-cream itself can no longer solve all my problems?

***

Things that have made me happy this week:

1) Got a ride to work Wednesday morning from my Dad (a stressful event all on its own, my eye twitches in chorus to every near miss) which left me a good half an hour early- starting my rounds leaves me in a deserted Cinesphere/Imax theatre. With a microphone. And about 80% of the lyrics to "Don't Stop Believing" in my head.

2) Yesterday I was looking forward to finally watching some "Community" and "30 Rock" on that NBC channel- and was originally disappointed to find it was a two hour repeat of the wedding between Pam and Jim, followed by the birth of their daughter episodes. But watching them I actually do that thing where I bite my lower lip while smiling excitedly; only the faintest of moisture rimming my eyes- moisture of joy. Yes, I'm a big sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment