Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No time at all, but a quick note on Kick-Ass

Hi, yes, I have zero time to write, I've got to be out the door and off for work in about half an hour, but I wanted to throw my voice among the throng of supporters for the movie Kick-Ass.

It's an extrememly visceral experience, although that isn't all the movie- I was hit with a stress bombshell basically an hour before going to the film, so my adrenaline was already swimming around my system, so maybe this experience will be even more uniquely mine- but it's a powerful film. I know that word is usually held off for dramas and Kick-Ass is more a high adventure/action/comedy, but the effect is still powerful.

I kept noticing the music just sucking me in, I was certainly on the edge of my seat, and it's a film so completely soaked in testosterone that by the end my head and heart were pounding. The last twenty minutes or so I was taken out of it by three jokers who were being obnoxious in the theatre, to the extent that I yelled at them to knock it off, leaving me all cross armed during the last part of the film, but even then the final fight scene and climax I couldn't help but smile and enjoy myself again.

I'd love to talk about the character turns (my favourite part from a character point of view happened relatively early in the film) but I'm not going to spoil anything for you. And I don't have the time.

Check out the movie, it's super bloody and violent (it has to be for the story), but really good.

Gotta go, later

No comments:

Post a Comment