Sunday, December 23, 2012

Why I'll need to do something else. (Hint: It's for more money)

You know that thing where you bring up what had once been a sore spot months or years later and all the parties involved have a good laugh about it? That was attempted last night. Apparently I'm not able to laugh at it yet. Awkward.

(The night before- edit) Last night was highly weird.

Chiefly this was due to me having to be in upbeat party mood, when I had recieved my first paycheck for doing courier work and was let down. I thought I'd already lowballed what I might be getting (lowered expectations=never disappointed) but I, er, got to be surprised.

This is mitigated by three factors:
1. Due to getting the job on the Monday, I had only worked 4 of the 5 days that week.
2. The natural inefficiency that comes from having to do major guess work about where certain places are along a length of road.
3. My taking it relatively easy in getting to work, thereby starting late and reducing my earning potential.

For this past week problem 1 was eliminated, and problem 2 was greatly reduced. Unfortunately I was even worse about getting started in the morning. Adding that up will probably negate the benefit of having the extra week...

However, as a potential plus factor, there was no indication whether that first paycheck was on 50% or 65% commision. It was likely 50% because that's what you earn when you don't put in a full week. So unless they were REALLY generous about the fact that I obviously couldn't have worked that first Monday, then I'll get that boost with the following weeks cheque.

All together, I should be able to raise the amount to a suitable earning level, but most likely at the cost of some of the fun I was having with the job.

I took a short poll concerning whether my next venture should be getting the private investigators licence or taking the necessary course to become a personal trainer. Of the three people asked, the only definitive answer was in favour of the personal trainer option. I'll look into both sides in the meantime. Plus, there's no question that EVENTUALLY I'm getting the private investigators licence. It's too awesome a thing to not get.

In other news, "douce" is dictionary.com's word of the day, and it means sedate; modest; quiet.

Like some sleepy village out in the countryside.

It also sounds exactly like deuce. Crazy.

P.S.- I can sort of hear a difference, maybe. Still, in any kind of conversation it'd be all up to context.

No comments:

Post a Comment