Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve

 
In the above picture you'll find myself, my Grandpa, my new nephew Silas, and my brother/new dad PJ. He's not MY new dad, he's the kid's new dad.
 
This day was the first I got to meet the little fella. He's a cute one, was really quiet on the road trip up to Cobourg and throughout dinner. I understand a quiet baby is desirable.
 
The captured moment above is seconds before, after the urging cry of my Grandfather to "spit on him, spit on him!", the obedient Silas let loose with his attack. I stepped back and cleared the entire area, with Grandpa getting the resultant guckiness on his pants and sweater. Justice.
 
It was basically the funniest thing that could have happened, and I was at the forefront with the heartfelt laughter.
 
I commandeered the rental van for the ride home (and that is actually how to spell 'commandeered' apparently) so that I could avoid the back seat driver stress that I'm often subjected to. Though it's always a long drive back, I was electrified and alert. "Must. Keep. Baby. Safe."
 
I'm sure my not having the headlights on for most of the drive was a great way to accomplish that.

2 comments:

  1. You really know how to end a blog post.

    Even though I had heard most of the story before, you ended it with humour and style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cool Geoff! And you can be sure that I would see your comment like I did just now because, you know, I'm seeing a lot of my blog now, it being the end of the month again.

    My trick to ending blog posts so well? Having no idea how to end blog posts well! As the Art Attack guy would say, "Try it yourself!" Lol

    ReplyDelete