Saturday, September 15, 2012

Some dithering while I wait for the energy to un-recline

I have been seriously neglecting things here. Not just here. Groceries need to happen, and I need to put some effort into the job stuff. It's pretty easy to trick myself into thinking it's all good because I DO still have time before things get dire.

I've been going out a bunch lately, and that isn't cheap. Well, it's cheap if you compare it to how much it costs everyone else. There was that time I was leaving this one event and the guy thought it was amazing that I got out of there having only spent $20ish for food.

Well, I know the siren call of spending $60 on rounds of drinks for other people- with your parents money- is strong, but, you know, I somehow managed to resist it.

I've missed plenty of good oppourtunities to do the dream journal thing here. I know last night I was on a lunar city that had a temporary atmosphere, and that I needed to blast off back to Earth before said atmosphere ran out. That's pretty crazy if you stop to think about it- how often does one dream about being on the moon, post industrialized or not. I was also really cold last night, so I've been tired since I got up.

Jordan was playing an online pokemon doubles match against a guy named Jesus, but Jordan accidentally disconnected before even the first move could happen. So Jesus won without using a single attack. Typical.

I'm about 40 pages from finishing Sewer, Gas, and Electric. It was due back at the library last Tuesday I think. Oops. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't strike me as something beyond what I could write, and obviously if you think something is within your own abilities to do you respect it less. And by "within your own abilities" I do mean less than a 100%. So at my very best I would write something better than this novel. Good luck getting 100% efficiency out of me though.

For starters though, I don't think I'd allow any novel of mine to be QUITE so broad, with such an impossibly diverse cast of characters (numbers-wise I mean). The bonds between the groups are so very tenuous as to look like blatant padding. Unless something amazing happens in these last 40 pages to change my mind, so I'll keep you informed.

But any novel I write will certainly be tangent filled. With additional tangents to explain the tangents because I won't trust the readers to remember back the three paragraphs to the last thing of note that I'm actually referencing.

I should get started on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment