Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dangerous snoozing

You know when you're tired and want to go back to sleep, but you have to go to work, and so you hit the snooze button once, and then the alarm goes off again, and then you hit the snooze button again, and then the alarm sounds again, and then one of two things will happen.

One reality- you turn off the whole blamed alarm clock, sleep in until, inevitably, you wake up ten minutes after you're supposed to be at work, panic and explode out of bed in a burst of fruitless energy hoping to go 88 miles per hour to go back in time. Spoilers, it won't work.

The second reality- you're painfully aware of the first reality, and force yourself up and out of bed, stumbling down the hall, knocking over what must be a two decade old video cassette from a bookshelf and slowly evolving back to homo sapiens via the combiation of light and a bowl of cereal.

I'm currently living in the second reality. The darkest timeline.

Speaking of darkest timeline, I dreamed a relatively unoriginal Community premise were people were going crazy and seeing everyone as shapes, until the last sane person admits they were seeing the shapes the whole time. Also, in a perfect Community type line, one guy I saw was made of balloons, and someone said that meant he was black (whaaaaat??) and then someone else said "sorry, that's the science."

Cool Geoff, it's up to you to tell me that's funny and not the weirdest form of racism.

Also, I dreamed up a McDonald's manager who was trying to tell me PJ had quit from there (guess I can't dream a Jetson's Juicy Burger) and I said to the people he was talking to that he was a liar, and generally caused a huge ruckus. The manager then threatened to never allow me to eat there again and I fully started laughing in his face. "Oh no! I'll never eat at a McDonald's again?? What'll I do?? I guess I'll have to make healthy life decisions." Then I threw a fry at him that was covered top to bottom in salt, continued laughing, and then got everyone in the store to help rearrange the furniture so no one could sit down, and no one could access the garbages.

If anyone else is surprised at the rebelliousness and belligerence displayed, I'm a little surprised too. And who dreams of a jerky McDonalds store manager? Not counting the people that work at McDonalds of course, where that probably happens all the time.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's probably the weirdest form of funny.

    Also, these are some of the most accurate dream descriptions I have read in a long time. Like, I think they're immediately identifiable as dreams, which is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Whew* well good.

    Yeah, I've always been very into dream stuff. Maybe I should get into looking at the various psychology thoughts on what they mean, but then again, that seems like too much work. Plus, they'd probably contradict my assertion of some dreams predicting the future O_o

    (barely have an idea if that's an appropriate use of that face)

    ReplyDelete