Sunday, May 6, 2012

Saturday stuff why not

Spent my Saturday getting up far too early for my liking (it's been a while since I've really seen 11am) to enjoy Free Comic Book Day.

Made the first trup off to the Beguiling store with my brother Jordan while he was on the way to work- when we parted ways at the streetcar I yelled over that he had his debit card out instead of his metropass, then he showed that one finger over was indeed the pass. I really need to stop fussing over that guy and let him be his own dude. Then again, he tried to order some high end slice at Pizza Pizza just before that because he was apparently unaware of how buying a slice of pizza works.

Embarrassing.

Learning my lessons from years past I went to Beguiling (or rather the kids comic store opposite Beguiling, actually on Bathurst, that was a little surprise) then to, uh, the comic store a few blocks east on Bloor. L something. Dragon something? I always forget this place. And it took me years to finally find and go to it to! It had always been under my radar. Anyway, two stores and I pretty much had everything I wanted.

Visited the Toronto Comics Art Festival, and who should I see right away bu Jeff Lemire. I always see that guy! I really wish I enjoyed his work more, then maybe we could be buds! But I don't so scratch that option.

Then I saw my friend Miles, but I just waved because he was super busy, and then I saw this one friend of a friend but didn't say hi because I don't really know her at all, then I saw an actual friend, whom I regaled with the story of Metta World Peace... of course that was to explain the reference where, when I almost accidentally elbowed a guy in the crowd I said "I almost pulled a World Peace".

I could have finally talked with Francis Manapul, and I considered laying it out there: I love your art, but I'm not nuts about your story. I decided to just skip it and not insult the guy.

Ah! But maybe he could be better!!! Whatever.

Then I travelled down to the Planet X store on Queen East to hang with Jimmy for the rest of the day, getting some stuff for my brothers birthday... and for me. That's kinda wrong.

My knee hurt a bit when I stopped moving. I wonder if another aggravating factor to my knee stuff is my jeans. Something to consider.

Jimmy and I walked around for a while downtown, then parted ways just before he was set to do a comedy bit. I was exhausted and needed to get home.

Almost fell asleep on the trip, but finally made it. Watched a video with Simon, then had to beg off another because of sleepiness. Sent a text a little before midnight asking Jordan to bring home a pizza from the store for dinner. He calls at 1 or something to get me to turn on the oven. Or maybe it was 1 when he woke me up with a plate of pizza. Then I fall back asleep (for an hour?) before waking up enough to force myself onto an elbow to eat the pizza that was beside me that whole time.

Then I sleep until 7am, which I think is the best I've slept in a while, and now you're all caught up. I forget my dreams right now, which is disappointing, because I know a bunch of stuff happened. Also it was like getting yanked outta the Matrix when I got that oven turn on call. Or maybe it was the pizza.

I don't have any idea!

I'm not too crazy about this post, it's pretty slapdash. But I also kinda like it for that same slapdashness. It's a paradox.

No comments:

Post a Comment