Thursday, May 31, 2012

Odds and Ends

I keep a box of disposable gloves at work, just for whenever they run out here and yet I'm still expected to take out the trash. Tonight was just such a night that the building was out of its own gloves and I had to dig into my box.

I opened the lid, and saw all white gloves. My gloves are blue.

I dug down, and there were my gloves, buried under a layer of the gloves from the building. It seems like the other guard wanted to keep some gloves handy, because my blue ones wouldn't fit him (my hands are slim, and even I have trouble putting them on... who ARE these gloves for??)

After my evening with Jen on Monday (I already mentioned that) I left her apartment and needed to get my barings. I wandered along (I think) Davenport until I hit Avenue- now there's a street I know of! It was almost midnight, so quite dark out, and I wasn't sure which was was south (to Bloor). I picked the side that sloped down a bit. I walked along, passing a building, and caught a flash of the moon.

Hold the phone! If the moon is on that side of the sky, then shouldn't THIS way-? So I turned around, walked a ways, and finally found myself on recognizable territory- Bloor street! The point is, I wanted to brag that I navigated by moonlight. I'm practically Marco Columbus, director of the first two Harry Potter movies.

That last sentence contained true information, yessir.

No comments:

Post a Comment