Sunday, May 22, 2011

Relatively superfluous entry, but even so...

Not a lot going on, but I've got the day off and I'm chilling out, so I should make an entry while I've got the chance.

Well, I got to watch "The Road to El Dorado" and "Kung Fu Panda" on tv today. El Dorado really takes me back, we watched it a bunch in the old days, but we never owned it ourselves. My bro says we got it from the library to watch all the time, so maybe that's it. But if we've got it on VHS somewhere I wouldn't be surprised.

We had the soundtrack, we played it on roadtrips, I'm not sure who amongst us sang along, I was always too busy singing.

Now that I think about it, man that's a great soundtrack. Even at the time it sounded of adventure (the TRAIL we BLAZE- is a path uncharted) and wistfullness (someday, maybe years from now, or tomorrow night, I'll turn and I'll see you...) and that's without factoring the years of nostalgia piled on by now.

That was in the car that had a CD player, then our NEXT car didn't have one, and now we have one again. Maybe there were more cars in between there, but I think that's right.

Reminds me of the thing that is PVR... DVR? I don't know! Ever since the old VHS broke down in, I don't know, 2000, we've never been able to record shows. And all the while I've been sitting around waiting for reruns, dudes have gone from THAT bit of technology, to moving comepletely beyond it and watching the shows online whenever.

Worst future ever! Jetpack! Jetpack!!

Went on a good run yesterday, my legs have a delicious soreness. But I've definitely gotta make the trip to pick up some shorts and shoes. The jeans and steel-toed shoes were probably a mistake.

I've got a collection of pants, shorts, and uhh well, those are the two things that just don't fit me, the other thing is a collection of socks with holes in them. I've bought new socks, but I still haven't thrown out the old ones.

AND there's the weird collection of security guard shirts I've acquired through no fault of my own. The guy was supposed to pick them up a month ago!

Hmm, I need to do laundry. So I guess... yeah, okay, see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment