Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lasagna and it's composite parts

Coming home late after a long day, waiting for the microwave to reheat my lasagna, and in the meantime gnawing at the cheese stuck to the protective foil covering. It's a goofy sight, but a pleasant one.

With a lot of time to spare between the end of work and the show at the Velvet Underground I found myself sauntering up Dufferin street and as I approached Joe Shuster Way I was thinking about taking a detour along it to make sure that's what it was really called. For the longest time the street sign at the Dufferin corner has been absent- and yes, I have looked- but after enough time you do start to doubt your own memories. Naturally, the second you have a spare moment for adventuring up a street to confirm its identity is the day that they replace the sign.

I took that sign as a sign that I didn't need to take that detour (today anyways).

Immediately past Joe Shuster Way an older-ly-esque man was biking up the incline- the slow, sure struggle of it struck me. Contained within that bikes ascent was the history of humanity. More or less.

Concerned that I wouldn't have enough food for the day, I stopped on the way to work and got not one (1) but two (2!) swanson microwave dinners. I don't usually go that all out, tending to stick to the granola bar route until getting home at night, but it was pretty sweet- AND I got a free slice of pizza AND a free rice krispie square. It feels like a long time since I've gone out and grabbed a slice. Not so long since I've grabbed a free slice. That was today.

So I'm pretty sure I got through today without making myself sound like a big jerk, which is nice... I wonder if maybe that's just how I see it after a nice bit of food stuffs. That definitely has an effect on mood.

It's a little early to tell the results, but I'm pretty pleased thus far with my running on the balls of my feet/toes/front part experiment, the result hasn't tremendously slowed myself down, I'm getting more calloused thereabouts (I consider that a good thing) and I can feel the newness of the workout on my calves.
Plus, let's be honest here, since switching back to my non boot shoes- these heels are toast. If I were to run abouts in the regular style there'd be shocks a plenty. They're worn thin is what I'm saying.

Before my friends show started this evening I was trying to do some reading, but I kept re-reading the same paragraph in my tired state. However, they had a cool Clint Eastwood film on the tv's. No, I couldn't make out most of the closed captioning from where I was seated, but come on! Clint Eastwood! That guys the best.

Oh, yes, then I was introduced to a very nice gentleman who didn't seem to want to hold up his end of the conversation. I call myself a good conversationalist in jest (in fact I say I'm great at a ton of things in jest) but I'm wondering if I may actually be good at conversations... or then again, maybe this guy wasn't holding up his end because of something I was doing wrong, so we're back to square one.

But yes, I was downtown late, and super tired, for my friends show- she's always a lot of fun, if destructive, and it makes me glad to see her.

AND I chatted up my pal Jimmy on the cell phone.

and I really didn't get too sad

Pretty good day.

P.S.- I noticed a while ago that I have so far magically done 11 entries for all of my previous months, excluding February when I started, and now I'm doing it consciously for this month. Should be one more entry after this one- can he make it?!?! I'm pretty sure I can come up with some inane thing to prattle on about for a decent amount of time.

P.P.S.- I may have taken too much lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment