Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's 1:10 in the morning, and I still need to brush my teeth. I'm tired.

Twelve hours on my feet at work, okay, I sat a bunch of times, but still, it was a long day.

And unfortunately in five hours I've got to get up and do it mostly over. Not for as long though. Only nearly as long.

This morning I saw a clip of that Bieber kid walk into a glass door, and it made me laugh, but then I felt bad, especially when he was cool enough to talk to the camera guy about doing something stupid, as opposed to trying to ignore the fact that it happened.

It's hard to hate on the kid too much when you realize that everything he's presented as is a carefully selected package for mass market appeal, the end result being something he can't possibly have much say in.

But it's not only carefully groomed tween sensations that this happens to, it's everbody. I saw this kid this evening, and my first thought was "what a tool" purely based on the conformist pick-and-choose-buy-into-a-genre clothing line, but again- I noticed his face that had this lost expression to it, and I felt bad for him.

The world really does its best to mold us along these lines, and sometimes I can't be upset with the people who have succumbed to those forces. Besides, maybe someday I'll "get with it".

What is "it"?
Get off my lawn!

***

there's an excellent satisfaction in the lone good deed, the existence of which need never escape my lips. Or in other words: virtue is its own reward.

but take that with a grain of salt, this is coming from a guy who reads far too many superhero comics. assuming that's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment