Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dreamed just now

Just wrote down the details of my dream, I have a few moments before I can hop in the shower and leave, so lets re-record them here:

Just woke up from a dream where I was playing a Paul Auster style detective- I was set up with some really cryptic case/mission, given while washing my face and then when my employer went into this other room he's having this discussion with a sad old woman who's talking about how much harder it is to get by these days, but that at least she can still come down to visit, and that such simple pleasures cost nothing-- but then I got really excited, interrupting her to point out that that wasn't really true, that with the rising cost of transport her visit already cost her more than it would have in the past, but this was a good thing, as well as the fact that she was making the visit- because it was an extra visit and I started talking about cycles, and that they'd want to get out of their cycles to protect themselves from their nebulous kidnapper/attacker, who would depend on on patterns to plan their crime- then I was treated to a montage of images that my detective self narrated, but were clearly narrated in an ironically wrong fashion
-Master J-something (didn't catch the name), the youngest ward of the J-somethings, had slept with Mistress J-something, like I saw their still bodies lying on top of each otehr, while I narrate how they didn't much care for each other or see each other- and then there was a bit about her no longer seeing the elder Mr. J-something
But then the view pans out a bit and clearly all three are in the bed together and then that elder one was in a relationship with some dude, with a partition dividing their room/beds and the guy on the left (Mr. J-something, why didn't my notes just say that) was staring blankly at the cieling/me/narrator, sad and knowing; long, dirty grey, hair around his head- he knows that he's just a place holder for some guy whose REAL partner had passed away, and then he's gotten up and walks out the door and down the street where a line of trees stood by the road in a nice neighborhood.
A fantastically cool/hard-boiled dream.


I actually changed very little from my notes here, surprisingly. No time to check spelling as per usual, so that sucks.

I had a really nice birthday yesterday by the way, plenty of well wishers and got to see a bunch of friends. And I saw Iron Man 2.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome dream. I try to record mine as soon as I wake up too, especially if they're extra-crazy. How was Iron Man 2? Happy late birthday! Kristen ---> *birthday love* ----> Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Kristen, I'm really glad for the birthday love.

    Iron Man 2 was really good, I've heard people complain that the two main characters (good guy and bad guy) spent all their time in the lab... but even if that were true, that's a big part of what's awesome with this movie-- science! Yeah, okay, super fake science, but it's still fun and cool.
    The other thing I've been telling people is that you don't get the same satisfaction from Iron Man beating the bad guys in this movie, the first movie had us REALLY hate the bad guys (terrorists as the bad guys- a pretty easy way to make us hate the antagonists) but this time around I could sympathize more with these enemies. That doesn't mean I don't want them to lose, but they're just more complicated characters. You should definitely go see it! If you need someone to go with, I'm pretty sure I can not spoil it more. Mostly sure.

    ReplyDelete