Monday, July 30, 2012

Technically a midsummer mornings dream

Bare minutes after waking up and I've already lost the narrative of a most excellent night of sleep.

I found a celebrated Game Boy Colour cartridge that most assuredly never existed (unless YOU can think of a game that was mostly text based story and cut scene, was called 'Mew's Adventure', was scripted by the creators of Tiny Toon Adventures, and had an extended sequence of cartoon talking cows playing some version of 'ring around the rosie' where every few lines they cutely gave the cow to their right a playful kiss on the cheek, and at the back of the line there was a disproportionately large carton frog that joined in because it all looked like such fun.)

I was also told to stop reading this one ovesized pamphlet, to go to bed and to simply ask my teachers about what it means the next day, this despite the fact that I was successfully able to 'magic eye' the thing into revealing it's phrases, all written in three inch tall letters over the course of three or four pages, revealing some truth about the universe, or else some highly sexualized text. Either or. Could be both.

But I had to stop reading because I'd been arbitrarily scheduled for a dentists appointment the next day, in that way that you get scheduled for things by your parents, no foreknowledge on your part. I had to get up at 4am so that I could go to the dentist in time for a complimentary movie pass, which would expire later that day, so I'd need to go to the movies RIGHT AWAY even though I had loads of school to get to.

I met up with a single slow moving zombie, and I was given a sharp rod with which to deal with it. As far as zombie scenarios go, you know, if I HAVE to dream about a zombie ordeal, this was the best way to go about it.

I had a helpful teacher that wanted to move me from a music class that happened Tuesdays and Thursdays to just Tuesdays, which I thought was legitimately great for me... but everything I said sounded sarcastic to her, so she just got more and more upset with me. As with everything, this mirrors many a real life scenario/fear.

I got to lead a merry band of lost little children around a building. I was their size as well, so maybe I was their age. One of the kids, the biggest and oldest, was able to read at an eighth grade level, and since he couldn't have been in anything higher than the fourth grade I was really impressed.

Basically, I was up to a bunch of stuff last night. I'm feeling pretty well rested for a change.

I'll being cramming the last few posts for the month tonight, and they'll be posted tomorrow. I need six, and at the moment I have three that I've started. I'll come up with some variety of garbage to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment