Saturday, July 21, 2012

I will read this book, whatever that means.

I've got Les Miserables in my bag beside me for this bus ride home. It's a classic so I was sure to get to it eventually, but this copy I picked up, while certainly beautifully water-damaged and browned with age, it turns out to be some kind of abridged version that gets straight to the good stuff. Should I read from this version? Am I severely missing out on the experience of Les Mis?

I'm already quite aware that I'm not reading it in the french. Well surprise! I don't speak french. I'd get maybe every fifth word or so. That would surely make the book a chore to read. Bah, I'll probably stick with this version and wrestle with my conscience afterwards about whether or not I can sit back and say "I have read this book."

I had a bunch of blog type work I wanted to get to this evening, but instead I played Star Fox 64 with a guy that sure refused to go easy on me. Very frustrating. Especially since I have the latest Batman movie to briefly talk about (I'm taking spoilers for this movie very seriously).

The bus ride has been quick, I'm almost home. I've really got to start looking for a new job, get my schedule in order.

By the way, I missed my bus to work today, and so ended up going on a short run with my dad. We don't generally spend time together, so that was different, especially considering it's an activity I usually so associate with isolation. Most of the time, anyways.

If I have enough time and will I'll post something else before I go to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment