Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gotta get my act together, man!

Been feeling rather down and defeated lately. Lack of sleep is a prime culprit there, but there are other factors. Supreme bad luck when I'm walking up to my friends place to go out to lunch only to call her and find out she wasn't there, and completely forgot the plans we'd made not even 24hrs before.

Wait, that's not the bad luck, the bad luck is that this same day I went to two movies and no one whom I'd invited showed up. That was mostly my fault for springing the invite on people, but even so, I specifically made the event because this one dude wanted to go, and he didn't even show up. What.

If I'd known he wasn't going to be coming, then no doubt I'd have watched the heavier, downer ending Ides of March FIRST and finished with the feel good Real Steel. Both were quite excellent, but man, I'd have preferred to hold fast to the emotional boost of Steel than the jaded world view of Ides.

Regardless, I did finally get a lot of sleep last night, so I feel much better. I had a bunch of dreams that felt rife with story material, but I could either wake up at 8am and record one such dream, or continue to sleep onto 3pm and have it all fade away like so much ether. On this occasion, the latter was probably the correct answer.

That's enough here, I've got to go to work.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that sucks Isaac. I hope things get better soon. I've been in a similar place so I can relate. Feel better xo

    ReplyDelete