Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nope, my body doesn't want to come up with a title. "fhngiludy" there we go.

Not entirely pleased with my latest review. Our second week into the new format (longer reviews, fewer numbers) and I didn't have much to say about this one. My fellow writers are wanting to be more positive, but my tone is still negative on this one. I mentioned Godzilla for some flavour, then looked up and saw a guy in a Godzilla suit on 30 Rock. Coincidence, or was I paying more attention to the tv than I thought I was?

I didn't even bother mentioning the Atom back up story which has failed to impress me- even though it's being written by this wunderkind. I like the other stuff of his that I've read- but that'd be pretty lame. "I like the OTHER stuff he's done..."

Ahh I've got a twitch driving me crazy. Right beside my eye.

Just erased something about the Simpsons. Not everything makes the cut on this page I guess.

Reading about Mayor Ford's call to cancel Transit City, many are up in arms over the hypocricy of railing against wasteful spending at city hall then making a move that would waste, what, a hundred million dollars? To cancel something that has already been started.

Of course in theory the metrolinks (is that what it's called?) is in charge of the transit city stuff, a separate entity from Toronto.

Of course in THEORY theory there's a city council to say "no, this is happening."

But unfortunately I'm concerned by the mythologizing these leaders of ours get. It's like once they get the top spot, people think they HAVE to agree with them. Sort of a hold over from our monarchical background. Or more likely the influence of seeing people in power run riot for a decade in the states. Or, hey, maybe they've been running riot here too, just a really boring version of running riot.

I tried to get back into my book toaday, but it appears to have made a series of errors in a single graph- or else I REALLY wasn't getting what it was talking about.

Okay, I'm out of it right now. I'm missing and rearranging more letters here than usual. Which is already a pretty big number...

I saw a friend of mine the other day, she asked me a question she asked me two years ago. I didn't say anything, but it bothers me when that happens. Heh, maybe that makes me Bill Murray. Which would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment