Sunday, March 21, 2010

Forgotten Posts

The thing about having a space like this to write on, you start thinking about things to fill it up with. But when inspiration hits you may not be able to just fly down to the nearest terminal and input whatever has entered your mind. For my part, I've had a very busy week and have only just recovered- so let's see if there's anything of note for me to record.

Of course by "of note" I will hope for entertaining and otherwise take what I can get.

The oldest thing on my mind has to do with a random other blogspot page- feeling I should expand my interests here I read some page that started with a downer of an entry, I almost responded to try and cheer this person up... until I saw that every single post was similar. Glancing to the side with the authors personal info my worst fears were revealed- I was on a site written by an 18 year old girl. The mind recoils in horror.

My Wednesday and Thursday were a couple of Groundhog days- I had the same bus driver to work, and as I was crossing the bridge into the Exhibition grounds from Dufferin the GO train burst through and chugged along by me. It struck me as surreal.

I was thinking about this one friend of mine the other day, let's call him Steve. I was thinking about how he could be really sweet and nice, but also selfish, self involved; if you were to ask him about his own philosophy of life he would actually say something akin to "I look out for what's best for me".
While I'm sure it's no surprise to hear someone can be both good and bad (to put it as simply as possible) the real suprise comes when Steve flat out will tell you he's bad. It seems to me that this is a response to Steve trying to reconcile his disparate sides- because he knows he can't be good all the time, because he knows he has that other side to him, he chooses to embrace that other. It serves as both an excuse to have his other side (I do bad because I am bad) and as a protection against other peoples expectations. I know this because I do this as well, though for me I'll say (to use one example) something along the lines of "yes, I'm a pretty lazy guy" but then I'll be doing something and can sit back and watch myself and think "you know, I'm actually a really hard worker". So maybe I'm just projecting onto "Steve" and he's actually just a huge jerk. How should I know?? Well, unless I'm "Steve".
Hopefully I've made it as impossible as possible to tell who Steve could be- is it me, is it you? I guess I shouldn't obsess over obfuscating that identity.

Ah, I wallow in the certainty of a small readership.

That's everything I can remember I wanted to bring up.. I've got an interview for the supervisor position at Ontario Place tomorrow, so that's cool.

My dreams used to be 96% good. It's a radically different ratio these days. I wanted to say that to someone but it puts to much pressure on them. There's no good response they can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment