Sunday, March 31, 2013

Alphabot night!!

Whew, and even with a tvtropes binge, I have 18 minutes to finish this last post and make quota. Ha ha! Once again! And even though this was my absolute cheating-est showing ever (really, 9 posts in one day?) some of these entries are downright interesting.

So last Thursday was a performance at The Piston by a friend of mine who performs as Jake/Alphabot! But my journey to the place to a few detours.

My understanding was that the show started at 9pm, right when I got off work (okay I left at like 9:10). I stopped at the McDonald's at this here Eaton Centre, never tried the new one before, and got a dirty look from the cleaning staff when I sat in their precious closed area. I'm sorry!

(Uh, definitely need to skrimp on details)

On the subway, who should I run into but, someone I know! A friend of mine! So we had a grand old time chatting it up, and I passed my stop by two so we could continue to hang and I walked her home. Fun surprise! Then I hop back onto the subway, get off at Ossington, head out the back way (Dovercourt?) cross the street where the Comedy Bar is, and who should I spy but ANOTHER FRIEND!! OF MINE! Fantastic! So I chatted with him a bit about what have you... I slightly forget. Community vs. Modern Family definitely came up. By this time it was about 10:20pm and I hoped I hadn't missed the Piston show.

Walking over the two or three doors, heading to the back... almost totally empty. Wha-? Did I miss it?

I walked out, and who should come up on the street, but the man Jake himself. Apparently heavy delays happened for some reason, I don't know. But soon after the show started. The show started with this girl Gabby singing and guitaring it up, and I talked to her after the show. She went to York studying music, and seemed to intuit that I did comic stuff. It's highly HIGHLY possible that she'd seen me at York somewhere's about with my personal comic project. I don't know, maybe. Regardless, she was super nice, so that was cool.

The next performer was from  Norway... or someplace similar? I'm sorry Norway! And Mark! I think your name was Mark. He had a voice that you can tell will only get more awesome with age in that Johnny Cash way, and sung some darkly hilarious stuff (bit of a trend, with this guy and the last, Wax Mannequin... ah, no time to check spelling!!)

Alphabot was third, and had far and away the most audience participation. Lotta dance-thing happening. Not necesarily by me, unless you count extreme foot tapping and head nodding (I'm so cool, obviously) but yeah. Big success times for everyone!

Yeah, if you couldn't tell, my typing has become rather frantic. And I think I'm call it there.

In summation: a good time was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. While all your entries are usually well written and witty and it was kind of fun to wake up to no new entries and then have an entire page of scrolling of new entries in the evening......

    (Okay, this entry is no exception, but it was possibly going to sound like it if I didn't type out this sentence; and I'm half an hour late for April Fools so I couldn't even run with that....)

    Maybe you should start... writing more throughout the month... just a little bit... maybe...

    Oh who am I kidding, it's kinda fun, but also makes me less likely to read every entry with as much focus, so you're in minor danger of having 1/6th of your readership not understand your musings.

    At some point I started to contemplate even publishing this, but at that same point, I had written too much to let it go to waste...

    ReplyDelete