Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cream of Comedy, sharing the view

Been back for about a half hour, it's late night. I've got a big ol' pile of laundry to fold on my bed, and my radio turned on. I know I've reported that I listen to the radio while driving- well, laundry folding is also excellently accompanied by the radio.

It took me a while to remember the word 'accompanied'. But that's how it always goes.

Deluged by facebook stati concerning this hurricane business. When a man has been killed by a flying Staples sign, well, okay, I guess it's justified this time.

A quick word on the use of 'stati'- I got some jerk on the facebooks pointing out to me that that isn't grammatically correct. Which is the first time in adulthood I think that I've ever been grammar nazied. That actually happened months ago now, but it clearly still burns me up.

More importantly, I've returned from the Cream of Comedy 2012 show, five acts, one prize: $5000 from the Tim Sims Encouragement Fund (for comedy). All the performers were really strong, but when the time came to announce the winner I was curled up in a ball of tenseness, breath appropriately baited (I'm.. not sure I've warped that phrase the correct way. Oh, there's no doubt I've warped the phrase.), would it be my buddy who wins out???

Ah- Jimmy didn't win. It's really tough, but so was the competition. There were no losers this night, just people that didn't get an hilariously large cheque.

I stayed out much too late with everyone afterwards. I shared my thoughts on ironically loving Marmaduke despite the obvious dangers of hipsterfication through irony, and apparently my presentation of those thoughts was funny and enjoyable. Huzzah.

(I would have said it 'killed', but for tonight that terminology should be held in reserve for my buddy's performance tonight for Cream of Comedy. Uh, also, for Staples signs. Whoops..)

I'm fading fast, and yet still have that laundry to fold. All right, there are worse things than continuing this in the morning. While still also posting what I have now, thereby adding to my count.

I'm a rotten cheater I am. Oh, nostalgic song just came up on the radio. Never actually learned the name of the song.

***

Ah, it's a Chili Peppers song (I should have been able to figure that out). "Scar Tissue".

And, according to this, the only bit of lyric that I "knew" was totally wrong.

I thought it was "what the brothers shared was a lonely view".
Nope. "With the birds I'll share this lonely view".

Then again, this commenter is questioning the lyric himself. He thought it was "burden shared" instead of "birds I'll share". SO WHO KNOWS.

I still like my version.

No comments:

Post a Comment