Friday, February 5, 2016

February 3rd, 2016



8:57 am

You'll be disappointed to hear this, but I didn't get up to much yesterday!

After writing my post in the morning I felt like it was high time I got a little exercise, so I worked out in my apartment for an hour and twenty minutes (I didn't expect to be at it quite that long)- push ups, squats, crunches, calf raises, wall sits (brutal wall sit, by the last ten seconds of my third set my left leg was involuntarily bouncing up and down, it was hardcore), and a bunch of exercises with two 4L jugs of water now filled to the brim with the tap water I have no intention of drinking- curls and shoulder raises and whatnot.

I'm pleased to report that, after getting up and walking around a moment now, there's an excellent soreness in my calves, my arms when I fully extend them, and my my upper abdominals.

But yeah, other than that, I walked over to Roosevelt and spent the day downloading videos onto my USB and visiting the website scansdaily to hear about some old and new comic stuff. I see Cruz beat Trump in Iowa? And Sanders and Clinton are neck and neck? And I was still too early to hear about any groundhog predictions... I also spent the day collecting info on Groundhog's Day to tell everyone about it in my English Corner today, including an article about a groundhog in Winnipeg that died a few days ago and will consequently be unable to make a prediction. There were a number of really funny comments on that post, which I've copied out and will be getting the class to read back to me.

I kept saying I'd grab some lunch, but I didn't end up budging, and lunch time rolled away and became "twenty minutes until everything closes, it's now or never" time, and it was a close one, they were starting to take the food away, and I saw that they had blocked the entrance to the Food Bazzar area soon after I entered. I had a lonely meatball and plain white rice.


Oh, one thing of note was Dany asked me what I thought about, say, going to the university and getting some private students? I told him that whatever we do in that area, it would have to be discreet, seeing as it was against our contract, so I advised against putting up posters advertising one's services. It's a decision I don't need to worry about just yet- let me get a phone with wechat on it, and then, when I could communicate with students or clients, then I can make up my mind about going rogue. - 9:14 am

No comments:

Post a Comment