Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spare parts for a 'Lord of the Flies' stage show...

What is this preturnatural ability to summon forth storms just before I'm scheduled to go off to some strange new work place. Granted, I didn't have flying daggers of ice striking my face (ala my trip to Vaughn Mills Mall) , but today has to be the soggiest we've been in months. Rain, snow, slush. Wet feet in consequence.

All to accompany me on my adventure to the pig slaughter business factory place! Yay!

So, it was pretty horrible, mostly just for the smell. It won't go away! Why did I wear my jacket that I've worn for years? Oh, well, that may be why. But either my brain has broken such that I am stuck imagining the ephemeral smell of the place, or it has soaked into me a bit. Yes, yes I did shower when I got home.

I hope my jacket is okay, with some airing out. Nobody let me wear that when I head back tomorrow! Ah, but then I may ruin TWO jackets... this is a problem.

So why have I journeyed to a place where live pigs walk and squeal into one end then come out in separate parts, forever silenced? For money, silly!

A terribly, terribly, inadequate amount of money.

Interesting that I haven't been struck a vegetarian at the sight. It's severely grossed me out, but I'm not morally upset about eating animals. Is this odd since I do my best to literally live up to the axiom of "wouldn't hurt a fly". I've WANTED to kill some annoying flies, but I've let them off. Spiders have long since won me over, though I'll still sometimes take them outside (more often than not I'll see one crawl by, think "Cool!", and then go about my business. I've even spared those ultimate in creepy scary grossness, the, you know, many legged-hairy looking thing.

This seems like a paradox. Thinking it over, I believe the principle difference is that an animal I eat, well, I'm eating it. If nothing else, were I a hunter in the forest (riiight) I'd be killing to live, to stave off the ghoul of hunger. Considering a live or dead bug means little to me (obviously disease carriers matter to me), why indulge in the extinction of life? The operative word I'd want focused on here is "indulge".

And the guy training me kept talking about how much he loves pork chops! Dude! Not cool man.

I really hope I don't go back there after these next two shifts. I'm an outcast enough withought having to constantly worry about whether I smell of dismembered pig.

So messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment