Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Dinner With Andre

No, I haven't seen "My Dinner With Andre"... and now if I do see it I'll be rather hung up on blog post titles... but I had a friend over and we had dinner and watched Psych, because I figured it's a show he'd like, and he did! I did it! I'm a hero!

To commemorate the occasion we had chips and strawberries and pasta and alfredo sauce and mint chocolate chip ice cream!

Talk about your calories over here. But it was worth it. Plus, calories basically burn themselves off.

I don't generally invite people over to my place, like, ever, but as far as houseguests go, this was a mighty obliging one. "My way is Isaac's way" was repeated several times when asking about whether or not certain customs were deemed weird or off-putting. Ex: It's cool to rinse the strawberries? (this was a relative no-brainer) Separate bowl for the things? I just washed my hands, but you may not be comfortable with me handling this fruit preparation, is it okay for me to do this?

A highly careful manoeuvre that seemed completely unnecessary. Glad it was done though, after the fact I feel like maybe I was a pretty good host.

I almost said "host guest" because that would have made sense.

Interesting the perspective that comes from adding a new element to ones environment. I'm already WELL aware of my tendency to over explain things. Mostly jokes because I think it's funny, but just simple everyday stuff too. It's not necessarily bad, but it happens, and my brothers get in on the act too.

I probably shouldn't call it "over explaining"- I think it's generally useful to define terms and get everyone on even ground, a tactic that negates most of all fights. Intellectual arguments at least. Physical brou-hahas may be a different animal altogether.

My ability to focus my vision isn't doing so hot, so I'll cross my fingers there aren't any spelling problems, post this, another, and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment