Wednesday, February 24, 2010

wait, if I used that it would waste a perfectly good title

I should head off to bed, but when I woke up earlier I had a flash of something I really wanted to write here.
Naturally I no longer remember it. But it was amazing.

The other day there was this guy on the bus- I "knew" him from years ago, by which I mean we had been in the same room on several occasions. If I ever knew his name I sure don't now. Not that I would type that anyways... so let's just say I have perfect recall but choose not to share.

Anyways, he had always struck me as rather simple, you know, resting on the dim side of the force. BUT he was poring over this text book on the bus... and so naturally I wonder maybe I was unjust to him, he could just be quiet... it all kind of depends on the textbook. It could be "Barney's fun time letters... for kids!" or "The Genius guide to advanced quantum geometric physic calculus for geniuses" but I couldn't see it!!

I kept looking over my shoulder to try and get a glimpse of what the book could be, and by looking over my shoulder I of course mean turned around in my seat and tried to activate some as-till-now non-utilized x-ray vision, boring through the seat towards where the books cover sat taunting me.
Interestingly enough I kind of think the girl sitting immediately in front of that guy thought I was repeatedly checking her out. Not today, there are text book titles to read! Actually, she had a text book too... what, was it international text book day? And I missed it again?

On my way home a gentleman with a serious limp lurched towards me and I naturally thought- "Man, could you imagine the conversation between that limping guy and the textbook dude from the bus?"
L.G.- "Hey man, what'cha reading?"
T.D.- "I don't know, Isaac never saw the title."

I'm not going to lie to you- those two aren't great conversationalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment