Monday, February 22, 2010

And now for something completely different

It's difficult to see in this weather, it isn't just snowing- we are enveloped by flying Lilliputians who want to smash us against some car. They've really advanced their methods of giant warfare.

A woman uses a crosswalk, she points her right arm forward, wary of the empty street, and I smile at it.

The bus has caught up to me a block before I reach my stop, surprising no one.

I venture into the expanse, a new ferocity energizes the storm. Each snowflake bites into my skin, little shuriken spinning into their mark upon mark. They build up until a sludge of frost obscures my vision and I have to stop. An oasis mercifully appears in the form of a buildings nook. I stop, clearing away my eyes while being tempted to stay where I was. But I was so close.

I reach my destination- inside. The accumulated ice warms and cascades down my face.

I reach into my bag for a key but instead find a green lollipop. It reminds me of spring, and it is sweet.

***
I know I just posted yesterday, but that one sounded a little too neurotic for my tastes. But yes, something different today. The point of which is- sure is cold out, amirite? Naturally, today I decided to leave my more hardcore winter stuff at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment